header
 

PLUS’ first highway project
in Indonesia begins

PLUS Expressways Berhad officially started its first highway project to construct the Cikampek-Palimanan Toll Highway in West Java, Indonesia on 8 December.

The Rp 12.5 trillion (RM4.5 billion) highway will be built by a joint-venture company, PT Lintas Marga Sedaya (LMS), in which PLUS has 55 per cent equity, while Indonesian partner, Baskhara Utama Sedaya, holds the remaining 45 per cent.

The 116 km-highway is one of the crucial links to connect two other highways and will be linked later to form the Trans Java Highway, the main land corridor access in this densely-populated island of 124 million.

PLUS presence in Indonesia has brought in the Malaysian flag and as a company, which has succeeded in highway construction and management in Malaysia, PLUS is also prepared to share its experience and expertise in Indonesia.